sábado, 31 de outubro de 2009

First Sketchbook - double pages




Here are some double pages featured in my first sketchbook. Obviously by that time I had no conscience about the structure of the book - I saw the page as a single drawing, not as part of a whole volume. As you can see, all the examples have signing and date, and the drawn line doesn't cross the line imposed by the bindind.
-----------
Aqui estão algumas páginas duplas presentes em meu primeiro caderno de desenhos. Obviamente naquela época eu não tinha consciência acerca da estrutura do livro - eu via a página enquanto um desenho singular, não como parte de um volume. Como é possível ver, todos os exemplares tem assinatura e data, e a linha desenhada não ultrapassa a linha imposta pela encadernação.

7 comentários:

  1. muito legal eh um moleskine o caderno ou um q vc mesmo montou ? =]

    ResponderExcluir
  2. These are well composed, well executed pages. A treasure to see them again - and to know you now have a choice...to create over a whole 2 page spread or individual sides. both work

    ResponderExcluir
  3. These really tell the tale of how you have evolved over time. I hope to see that kind of improvement in my own drawings.

    xoxo

    ResponderExcluir
  4. The great thing about old sketchbooks is that they help us see how much we have grown. Sometimes it brings the old memories, and a big smile asking "what? I did that? ^^"
    I find both versions well drawn, different time, different age, but definitely from the same set of hands, but of course now with much more experience

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Congratulations on 5 years of art in a sketchbook! I'm going on 5 months and I still feel like an infant. Love the way you captured the lovers. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Ô Lubasa! Que bom que fez essa pergunta, meu caro! Na verdade esse primeiro caderno foi um achado! Um canson francês de capa dura forrada em tecido, com lombada em couro de tese...na época custou caro prá burro, mas me abriu tantas portas, promoveu tantos pensamentos e vontades, que encaro aquele valor enquanto investimento.

    Taí, meu próximo post será explicando as razões que me levaram a desenhar em cadernos. Tenho texto prontinho, escrito nesse primeiro caderno, inclusive.

    To every non-Portuguese speaker visitors, my friend Lubasa asked me what kind of sketchbook is this...the materials it is made of. But I didn't built this sketchbook, it was found in a art supplier. And this reminded me that I should post my reasons for using the book as a support for my drawings. That's the next subject to appear here at this blog!

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Lovely sketches and memories. I know you are proud of them.

    ResponderExcluir